Salesforce Commerce Cloud is the world’s most popular Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution. Because of this, Salesforce Commerce Cloud developers are in high demand, and the pay is excellent. The forecast for new jobs demanding Salesforce skills is increasing each year. This article looks at this year’s average Salesforce Commerce Cloud developer salary data and career trends. We also explore some of the best tips for becoming a Salesforce Commerce Cloud developer. So, if you are looking to make a career in this field, read on!
How Much Can You Make as a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer?
The average salary for a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer is $95,184 per year in the United States, according to Glassdoor. The numbers exclude additional cash compensation and bonuses, such as bonuses, commissions, and profit-sharing that range from $2,347 to $18,002.
As with all professions, your salary will vary depending on your experience, skills, and location.
Career guidance website Zippia ranks California, Washington, Oregon, and Montana as the best and highest-earning states for Salesforce Developer jobs.
Meanwhile, research from the International Data Corporation (IDC) shows the United States as the global hot spot for Salesforce professionals. Japan and the United Kingdom follow behind in second and third rank in the number of Salesforce jobs available per region.
What are the career prospects for a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer?
The demand for Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developers will continue to grow in the following years. A more recent report from the International Data Corporation (IDC) finds Salesforce and its ecosystem of partners will create a whopping 9.3 million new jobs and $1.6 trillion in business revenues worldwide by 2026.
With its growing popularity as an ecommerce platform, your career prospects and compensation outlooks are high and may continue to improve—especially as the world shifts away from brick-and-mortar businesses and toward online and mobile devices.
How to Become a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer?
While it’s possible to work as a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer without formal qualifications, most employers prefer individuals who have qualifications in the field of computer science. Acquiring relevant software skills and certifications through Salesforce’s proprietary training programs is necessary.
The things you need to work as a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer:
- Bachelor’s degree. Most employers require a degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Salesforce Admin Certifications. Spend at least three months studying and passing these five certifications— Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator, Salesforce Certified App Builder, Sales Cloud Consultant, and Service Cloud Consultant.
- Platform Developer (PDI) Certification. Passing the Platform Developer Certification is essential because it will help you compensate for any lack of Salesforce development experience.
- Scrum Master Certification. You will encounter terminologies like backlog, sprint, and stand-up meetings in every agile project. Familiarize yourself with these terms by studying Scrum.
How Working with a Recruiter Improves Your Job Options as a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer
Although there’s high demand for Salesforce developer jobs, there’s also huge competition, especially in more lucrative areas like San Francisco and New York.
Working with a recruiter is the best way to get ahead of the competition and locate available jobs. The benefits of partnering with a recruitment firm are plenty.
- You can tap into the “hidden” job market. Some companies rely only on staffing agencies to recruit and place talent. This means the average Joe typically can’t access these job openings without knowing an insider or having someone to vouch for them. Working with a recruiter is one way to get through the elusive velvet rope. Recruiters have an extensive network of professional contacts that could get you an interview at your desired company.
- You maximize your earning potential. You’ll have a higher chance of landing top-earning Salesforce Developer jobs if you have a recruiter’s job-seeking and negotiating skills on your side.
- You get career advice. Recruiters go through hundreds of resumes, cover letters, and job interviews within a week. They’ve seen it all-the good, the bad, and the ugly. Their vast experience and knowledge make them exceptional job-hunting consultants. They can help you polish your resume, cover letter, and interview skills.
- Recruiters want you to succeed. Their job is to help you succeed. If a recruiter contacts you for a job, it means you’re a good fit for the job, which increases your chances of getting the position.
The Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer is one of the most in-demand jobs in the tech industry today. Salesforce developer salary data and career trends for 2022 clearly show that it is a growing field, and the role has a lot of potential. You can expect a great salary and plenty of opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in becoming a Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer, now is an excellent time to pursue this career.
Jarvis can help to take your eCommerce career to the next level. We are a world leader in eCommerce recruitment services. We have successfully helped thousands of eCommerce professionals get their dream jobs.
Ready to make your eCommerce career goals a reality?